In this chapter we will discuss about the transformation of an object such as moving, rotating, resizing and reflecting.
1. Move Object To move the object there are several ways.
- Shortcuts G and X, Y, Z
To move / change position / Scroll using the G shortcut. If you want to move the object to the Y axis then after you press G you press Y then the object moves to the Y axis only. If you want to move an object to the Z axis then after you press G press Z then the object moves to the Z axis only.
- Midle Mouse
Press G then hold down the middle mouse button, then slide as we like, then the objec movement is limited only to X, Y, Z axis only.
- Appropriate position on the grid
By pressing ctrl + drag the left mouse button, then the object move is right on the grid and feels more stiff. You can also set how to move the grid object when it is sliding by going: Open the Properties panel (Shortcut N), then choose display set location to be as we can half the grid unit, 2 grid or 4 grid, after we specify the grid try to move object with ctrl + drag.
- Moving objects with numbers
If we want more precision, then we can use a value or a number. To move the object in the y-axis by 1 unit, simply press G, Y and then press 1 on the keyboard, then the object shifts 1 unit on the Y axis. To move the object in the X axis by 4 units Press G, X then 4 on the keyboard.
- Reset Position To reset the object’s position at 0,0,0, how easy is it, select object then press Alt + G.
2. Object Rotation To rotate the object there are several ways.
- Shortcuts R and X, Y, Z
To rotate or rotate the object use the shortcut R. In viewport I have 1 ball and 1 cube, if I want to rotate the object of the cube then I first select the cube then I press R and I rotate wherever I want, but if you want to rotate the cube to the extent on the X axis then press R and X Shortcut to move to X axis only. If you want to rotate the object to the Y axis then after you press R you press Y then the object rotates to the Y axis only. If you want to rotate the object to the Z axis then after you press R press Z then the object rotates to the Z axis only.
- Rotation with a certain value
Press the shortcut R press Z and type 30, then the object will rotate as much as 30 degrees on Z axis clockwise counterclockwise.
- Rotate manipulator
We can also enable Rotate Manipulator to show the rotation circle axes X, Y, and Z on the object.
- Midle Mouse
Press R then hold down the middle mouse button, then drag the mouse as you like, then the rotation of the object is limited only to the X, Y and Z axes only.
- Reset Rotation
To reset object rotation you can press Alt + R.
- The center point / Origin
To determine the center point of the rotation / Origin object, there are several ways:
– The first way, click where you want to put the center point of rotation, for example you place it above object then you press the shortcut Shift + Ctrl + Alt + C. Then the center point / Origin point round object is above the object. Try rotate by pressing R, then the rotation will center on the point you specify.
– The second way by going to Edit mode mode, Select all Face and select all, Then slide (Shortcut G) selected face is your suska. Which shifted only facenya course with the origin pointnya remain in position. Then you try rotation by using R shortcut.
3. Scala object
To Raise and Shrink object there are several ways.
- Shortcuts S and X, Y, Z
To enlarge and minimize an object use the shortcut S. In viewport I have 1 ball and 1 cube, if I want to enlarge the cube object then I first select the cube then I press S and I increase or I minimize according to my will, but if you want raising the cube to the extent of the X axis then press the S and X Shortcuts to move to the X axis only. If you want to enlarge or shrink the object to the extent of the Y axis then after you press S you press Y then the object changes the size to a Y-axis only. If you want to change the size of the object to the Z axis then after you press S press Z then the object changes the size to the Z axis only.
- Middle Mouse
Press S then hold middle mause / midle mouse, then drag the free mouse in any direction, then the object size change is limited only to X, Y, Z axis.
- Scale manipulator
Can also enable scale manipulator to appear the axis scale X, Y, Z on the object. Note You can display 2 or 3 Manipulators at the same time hold down Shift + Click on the manipulator icon.
- Size changes with a certain value
Press the S shortcut and type 2 to size 2 calilipat. Press the S press shortcut Y and type 2 then the size becomes 2 times only on the Y axis.
- The original size
When we wrongly resize and we want to restore the original size we reset it by ALT + S.